This post is also available in: Spanish
New Air Panama Destinations
New Air Panama Destinations. Air Panama Viajes is offering an interesting new destination with all-inclusive packages or direct flights to the Colombian Coffee Region. The flight takes less than an hour from Marcos Gelabert International Airport (Albrook) to the City of Armenia (Quindio) in Colombia. Packages start from $599 and include plane tickets, accommodation, tours and food.
A great percentage of Colombia’s coffee production is concentrated in the region known as the “Coffee Cultural Landscape” (El Paisaje Cultural Cafetero), which is formed by three departments or provinces. The region was declared a “Cultural Landscape Heritage” by UNESCO.
The majority of the coffee plantations in this region offer tours. Picturesque towns full of tradition and culture invite the visitor to explore the surrounding área. Hotels abound and the attractions are many and varied from mountain climbing in the highest peaks of the country to hiking and horseback riding through magnificent scenery.
The fascinating Wax Palm (Palma de Cera), the country’s national tree and the only palm that can reach heights of over 60 meters, can be seen everywhere.
Colombia is a multicultural country, an interesting destination offering different experiences that can satisfy the most demanding tourist. The currency exchange is favorable at the moment, so more Colombian pesos can be obtained per dollar.
The packages offered by Air Panama Viajes include tours to:
- Themed Parks: the main one is the Coffee Park (Parque del Café), which has an interactive museum, cable car, and rides.
- Coffee Farm: To learn about coffee production and the artisan works of the families involved
- Visit to Salento: a picturesque small town.
- Visit to the Cocora Valley
- Visit to Los Nevados Park: In this natural reserve the highest mountains of Colombia can be found.
- Visit to a Botanical Garden and Butterfly Farm
By Patricia Puentes