This post is also available in: Spanish
Discover Rosario Argentina with Copa
Discover Rosario Argentina with Copa. Copa Airlines operates what is known as “The Hub of the Americas” out of Tocumen International Airport in Panama. Its many routes to Central, South and North America give residents and visitors to the country the opportunity to explore more than one destination in the region. Copa has flown to Argentina for the last 16 years but only recently has it opened its third route to the City of Rosario, Santa Fe province, a region known for its tourist attractions.
Rosario’s biggest attraction is the Parana River, which runs alongside the city. Many outdoor cultural events take place on its banks.
If you like museums, there are many in the city where the famous guerrilla leader Ché Guevara grew up. The theaters offer concerts, ballets and plays for all tastes.
Restaurants serve the famous Argentinian grilled dishes with excellent cuts of meat accompanied with good wines and finished off with craft ice creams of so many flavors that you will not know which one to choose. All those products come from the area which has fertile land ideal for agriculture and keeping cattle.
Sites of interest to visit in Rosario:
Take a boat excursion on the Parana River aboard the “Ciudad del Rosario” which was the first vessel built in the town to transport passengers.
- Visit and admire the view from the National Flag Monument, where the Argentinian flag was raised for the first time. The sculpture resembles a ship and is only a few steps from the river.
- Since 1999 Rosario has held the title of the National Capital of Craft Ice Cream; there is extensive production of this icy dessert in the town, made with local produce. Visit the “Heladeria Rio” for a real treat.
- Go to the Comtemporary Art Museo, located on the old silos, which were used years ago to store grains ready to be exported.
Check the handicraft fairs and flea markets where you can find a great variety of souvenirs at good prices.
- La Isla de los Inventos (Invention Island), located in an old train station, is a good place to take the family. There science, art and technology blend seamlessly in an interactive environment.
- The gastronomic offer is wide and restaurants have river fish on the menu, as well as grilled meats. For barbecue lovers, the Viejo Balcón offers excellent options at reasonable prices.
- Walk on the banks of the Parana River and enjoy the view from one of the restaurants near the water.
- Visit the tunnels of the Parque España and the Art Museum. Ask about the current exhibits.
Copa travels to Rosario on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday departing from Tocumen International Airport at 3:22p.m., arriving in “Islas Malvinas International Airport” in Rosario at 12:09 a.m.
By Patricia Puentes