This post is also available in: Spanish
New Panama Government Online Procedures. The Panamanian Government has put in place the program “Panama on Line” that will allow people to carry out 15 digital procedures, in six different government entities, according to the Minister of the Presidency, Alvaro Aleman.
The procedures that can be done on line are:
- Police record.
- Payment of traffic violation fines.
- Urbanizations and subdivisions in preliminary stage.
- Credit certification.
- License to operate public and private pharmacies.
- License to operate distribution agencies.
- Inscription in the Bidder’s National Register.
- Request for authorization of currency remittance house.
- Request for authorization of pawnshops.
- Request for information agency authorization.
- Application for authorization of financial companies.
- Application for registration of a financial leasing company.
- Registration of artistic works.
- Registration of literary works.
- Registration of contracts.
- Review and registration of construction projects.
The National Government Innovation Authority (AIG), Irvin Halman, explained that to take advantage of the online platform, the person should visit and register in the official page of Panama Tramita: www.panamatramita.gob.pa.
This program is one of AIG’S first phases to consolidate policies directed at building a paperless government.
Minister Aleman said that the aim of the program is for the Government to offer an efficient and effective service by simplifying and automating the procedures.
Recently, the country members of the Latin American and the Caribbean Electronic Government Net (GEALC), selected Panama to be part of the Net Executive Committee and to host the V Ministerial Meeting of that organization, which will take place in 2018.